10 Most Bikeable U.S. Cities
10. Ann Arbor, Mich.
Bike score: 76.3
Percentage of bicycle commuters: 3.73%
It has to be tough pushing bikes in a state that leans so heavily on the automobile, but if any town in this state can do it, it's Ann Arbor. With a huge bike-friendly student population courtesy of the University of Michigan and a city council willing to give bikes room on nearly half of Ann Arbor's roads, this is exactly the kind of Michigan community where a bike would be welcome.
The city council has put 5% of its state gasoline and weight tax revenues toward decidedly non-car transportation improvements, particularly on-road bicycle lanes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV