June 18, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- American Income Life's Surace-Smith Agency announced its selection by The Plain Dealer as
Northeast Ohio's Top Workplace
among small businesses. The Surace-Smith Agency represents the products of American Income Life Insurance Company (AIL), a
-based life and supplemental health and accident insurance provider. State General Agents
also serve on AIL's Executive Council, whose members serve in an advisory capacity to CEO
Insurance sales agent careers are projected to grow 22% between 2010 and 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average commission income for an American Income Life contracted representative with 12 months of service in 2012 was
The Surace-Smith Agency's recognition as The Plain Dealer's Top Small Workplace was determined by surveys from 50,000 workers at more than 253 workplaces in
. The Plain Dealer partnered with human resources consultant, WorkplaceDynamics, to survey workers and create the list of winners.
American Income Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK). Founded in 1951 by philanthropist
, AIL has provided middle-income citizens, labor unions, and credit unions insurance coverage for more than 60 years. Its international Agent force is comprised of contractors from the
Republic of Ireland
to here in
. AIL's Labor Advisory Board is made up of more than 50 international union leaders, AFL-CIO representatives, and 'Change To Win' representatives who advise the Company on the best way to be of service to the labor movement.
"What makes our Agency, Surace-Smith Agency of American Income Life, one of the top workplaces in
is our strong culture," Regional General Agent
said. The Agency aims to keep its Agents motivated by providing incentives and a stable work environment."
To learn more about career opportunities with the Surace-Smith Agency, call (800) 686-0042, visit
, or watch this
produced by The Plain Dealer.
American Income Life Insurance Company Facts
Financial Strength Ratings
- Founded in 1951
- Licensed in 49 states, Canada, New Zealand, and through our wholly-owned subsidiaries, National Income Life Insurance Company in the state of New York, and Union Heritage Life Assurance Company Limited, in the Republic of Ireland
- More than 5,000 full-time sales representatives internationally
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- American Income Life has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/12)
American Income Life intends to establish itself as a viable partner in the community by offering a number of valuable no-cost products:
- Child Safe Kit – Collects vital statistics and fingerprints of children for parents to provide authorities in the event a child is missing.
- Basic Discount Program – Allows members to take advantage of up to 60% discounts on health-related products and services that might not be covered by their health and welfare benefits.
- Internet Safety Brochure – A parent's guide to Internet safety for children.
SOURCE American Income Life’s Surace-Smith Agency