FREEHOLD, N.J., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation (NYSE:MNR) today announced the acquisition of a new built to suit 103,402 square foot industrial building located at 1935 Blue Hills Drive, Roanoke, VA at a purchase price of $10,200,000. The property is net-leased for 10 years to FedEx Ground Package System, Inc., a Delaware corporation. The building is situated on approximately 22 acres.
Michael P. Landy, President and CEO, commented, "We are very pleased to announce the acquisition of this new distribution center for FedEx Ground. This property is ideally situated near the Roanoke Regional Airport and Interstate 81. Roanoke's economy enjoys an excellent transportation infrastructure and favorable business climate. This increases our portfolio to seventy-four properties, containing 9.3 million square feet of gross leasable area, strategically situated across twenty-six states."
Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation, founded in 1968 and one of the oldest public equity REITs in the U.S., specializes in net-leased industrial properties subject to long-term leases primarily to investment grade tenants. The Company is a fully integrated and self-managed real estate company, whose property portfolio consists of seventy-three industrial properties and one shopping center. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
SOURCE Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV