NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Are there quality growth stocks out there? TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg discusses a few of them with Edward Painvin, portfolio manager for the Chase Growth Fund.
Painvin's first pick is Visa (V), which is up over 50% in the last year and, as Greenberg pointed out, is now trading at 22 times next year's earnings.
While it may seem expensive, Painvin notes that Visa controls 22% of the personal consumption market, and the move from cash and checks to plastic is only going to grow in the coming years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV