PARIS, June 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vision Systems, a Research Frontiers (Nasdaq:REFR) licensee and tier-one supplier of SPD-Smart electronically dimmable windows announced today at the Paris Air Show that it is expanding its SPD-SmartGlass business activities by opening a production and operations facility in Melbourne, Florida.
The new factory was highlighted today at the Paris Air Show by Florida Governor Rick Scott and Vision Systems President and CEO Carl Putman, with Research Frontiers President and CEO Joseph M. Harary and others in attendance for this special announcement.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19371Additional details about the expansion are available in the press release by the Economic Development Commission of Florida's Space Coast. Vision Systems' SPD-Smart electronically dimmable windows and partitions offer instant and precise light-control at all levels to provide a solar protection solution that enhances comfort and improves passengers' experience on aircraft, boats and other transportation vehicles. In March of 2012, Vision Systems announced that the company was expanding its existing factory in France to add a production facility dedicated to the manufacture of its SPD-Smart Nuance and Noctis aerospace and transportation windows and cabin dividers. Today's announcement of a further expansion to the United States indicates an acceleration of existing and projected business in North and South America where major aircraft OEMs and customers of Vision Systems are located, including HondaJet and Gulfstream.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV