3. As of noon trading, Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) is down $1.06 (-3.2%) to $32.38 on average volume Thus far, 4.2 million shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.97-$33.27 after having opened the day at $33.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.44. Newmont Mining Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and production of gold and copper properties. The company's assets or operations are located in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Mexico, and New Zealand. Newmont Mining Corporation has a market cap of $16.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 28.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Newmont Mining Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Newmont Mining Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts