BSAC, HDB And AIG, Pushing Financial Sector Downward
2. As of noon trading, HDFC Bank ( HDB) is down $0.90 (-2.4%) to $36.69 on light volume Thus far, 218,826 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 657,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.68-$37.38 after having opened the day at $37.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.59. HDFC Bank Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services to individuals and businesses in India, as well as in Bahrain and Hong Kong. The company operates in four segments: Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking, Treasury, and Other Banking Operations. HDFC Bank has a market cap of $29.8 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate HDFC Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HDFC Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts