3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Consumer Non-Durables Industry
1. As of noon trading, Estee Lauder Cos ( EL) is down $0.78 (-1.1%) to $69.42 on light volume Thus far, 449,590 shares of Estee Lauder Cos exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $69.26-$70.35 after having opened the day at $70.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.20. The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products worldwide. Estee Lauder Cos has a market cap of $16.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Estee Lauder Cos a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Estee Lauder Cos as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Estee Lauder Cos Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ( XLP) while those bearish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts