PLAINFIELD, Ind., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy has selected five Indiana properties for participation in its 2013 Site Readiness Program to prepare the properties for potential industrial development. They are:
- The River Ridge Commerce Center, 100 acres in Jeffersonville (Clark Co.)
- The East Side Industrial Park, 100 acres in Seymour (Jackson Co.)
- The Industrial Business Complex, 135 acres in Wabash (Wabash Co.)
- The North Warrick Industrial Business Park, 236 acres in Eberfield (Warrick Co.)
- A 181,000-square-foot building at 2100 East Lincoln Road in Kokomo (Howard Co.)
The Site Readiness Program is the cornerstone of Duke Energy's economic development model. It identifies, evaluates and improves industrial sites in the company's service territory to help communities served by the utility compete for new companies and jobs.
"Duke Energy is committed to advancing economic development in all of the counties we serve," said Bart Beal, Duke Energy Indiana's vice president of economic development and community relations. "Our Site Readiness Program has assumed additional importance due to the weak economy and increasing competition among states and regions to attract new companies and jobs."Duke Energy has hired McCallum Sweeney, a nationally known consulting firm, to conduct studies on four of the five sites. McCallum Sweeney Consulting has been instrumental in many high profile automotive and industrial relocations and expansions. The site consultant for the East Lincoln Road property is InSite Consulting. Duke Energy will collaborate with county leaders and local economic development professionals to develop a strategy for providing water, sewer, natural gas and electricity to the sites. The parties may also recommend road improvements, easements and rights-of-way that will be required to develop the sites, as well as steps necessary to mitigate any potential environmental impacts. Banning Engineering will produce final drawings and conceptual site plans.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts