Meantime, after truly lackluster performances from Apple, there's constant talk about (false) breakouts in the stock.
Face it. It's dead money.
Yet the same group of Amazon haters would rather bitch about headlines and how unfair the AAPL-AMZN reality is. They repeat the same lines that have been proven objectively untrue over the last 13 years or so.
While it's always more complicated than a couple of points, two primary factors explain why AMZN not only rebounds, but strengthens, as AAPL remains a junkyard full of false starts (a TheStreet coffee mug to the person who knows where I stole that from -- and don't use Google!).
Leadership and Strategic-Competitive PositionWe know who calls the shots at Amazon. We know that he is clear-headed, confident and proven. He tells us how it is and we believe him. And that makes sense; Jeff Bezos has only been proven right for the last decade-plus. We have no idea what the hell is going on at Apple. Tim Cook refuses to address what in the world is happening with Apple TV. But, hey, everybody loves this new guy we never heard of before who strung together a few sentences (and, like every other Apple executive, a whole bunch of adjectives
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV