GE (NYSE: GE) announced today the first big data and analytics platform robust enough to manage the data produced by large-scale, industrial machines in the cloud. Built to support the Industrial Internet and turn big data into real-time insight, the platform will benefit major global industries including aviation, healthcare, energy production and distribution, transportation and manufacturing. Combined with the new GE PredictivityTM services and technologies available today, airlines, railroads, hospitals and utilities can manage and operate critical machines such as jet engines and gas turbines in the cloud – running businesses better by increasing productivity and reducing waste and downtime. This marks the first time industrial companies will have a common architecture, combining intelligent machines, sensors and advanced analytics.
GE’s industrial strength platform is supported by the new Proficy Historian HD – the first Hadoop-based historian data management software. Historian delivers real-time data management, analytics, and machine-to-operations connectivity in a secure, closed-loop architecture so critical global industries can move from a reactive to a predictive industrial operating model.
Bill Ruh, VP of the Global Software Center, GE, said, “GE’s industrial strength platform is the first viable step to not only the next era of industrial productivity, but the next era of computing. The ability to bring machines to life with powerful software and sensors is a big advancement - but it is only in the ability to quickly analyze, understand, and put machine-based data to work in real-time that points us to a society that benefits from the promise of big data. This is what the Industrial Internet is about and we are building an ecosystem with partners to save money for our customers and unlock new value for society.”
Expanded PartnershipsAnnounced today, GE and partners will continue to advance the Industrial Internet by integrating services and developing software, analytics, and cloud-based capabilities that serve diverse functions for industry. Partnerships include:
- A global strategic alliance with Accenture to develop technology and analytics applications that help companies across industries take advantage of the massive amounts of industrial strength big data that is generated through their business operations. This alliance expands on the aviation joint venture Taleris, announced in 2012 to provide airlines with technology that predicts likely failures of aircraft parts and systems and recommends preventive action.
- An extension of the technology partnership with Pivotal to jointly develop and deploy Industrial Internet solutions leveraging their Cloud Foundry, in-memory and Hadoop-based technology and supporting GE’s strategy of bringing consumer-grade capabilities to the enterprise.
- A strategic relationship with Amazon Web Services, who will be the first cloud provider on which GE will deploy its Industrial Internet platform. GE will leverage Amazon Web Services powerful, scalable, low-cost platform to offer GE’s customers cloud solutions for industrial applications and infrastructure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV