FORT WORTH, Texas, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As both the weather and summer activities heat up, RadioShack is ready to assist you in getting fit while having fun. More than 3,000 RadioShack locations now feature a dedicated display stocked with the latest digital fitness tools and accessories.
Wearable technology emerged as a hot trend for 2013 at this year's Consumer Electronics Show, which even had a large dedicated digital health area for the event.
"Digital fitness products are great for all fitness levels because they make getting and staying healthy fun," said John Lostroscio, Merchandising Vice President at RadioShack. "We love technology that makes life more fun. We also enjoy providing a convenient, hands-on shopping experience that makes it easy for consumers to choose the right digital fitness product."
In addition to a newly expanded assortment, RadioShack store associates have received training on the new products and are ready to help you pick the right options to set you on the path to health. The company also field tests every digital fitness product prior to featuring the product in-store and online.Digital Fitness Finds at RadioShack RadioShack helps you find wearable fitness tech to fit your budget and fitness needs. All of the following are ready for your summer activities and sync to free apps available for download to your smartphone or connected device. First, decide what type of tracker fits your fitness style best. For those who prefer to slip a tracker in your pocket or clip it on your clothes:
- Fitbit Zip captures your steps, distance and calories burned and automatically syncs to your smartphone or PC. Available in charcoal, blue, lime, and magenta. Priced nicely at $59.99.
- Fitbit One adds sleep quality and stair climbing tracking as well as a silent alarm you can set to let you know when it's time to head out. Available in black or burgundy for $99.99.
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Watch is a perfect fit for those who prefer to wear a watch with the ability to track heart rate and calories burned. Available in black or pink for $89.99.
- BodyMedia FIT LINK armband provides on-body monitoring of activity and sleep and incorporates an online food log to manage your overall health level. Available for $149.99.
- The FitBit Flex wristband has arrived! This flexible device tracks activity during the day and sleep quality at night. Available in black or slate for $99.99 and additional interchangeable wristbands will also be added in other colors.
- Sports Tracker HRM2 Heartrate Monitor features an extended Bluetooth connection range, comfortable design, and superb tracking accuracy to help you train more efficiently. This versatile monitor works with a variety of devices. Available for $89.99.
- iHome Sportband offers a hands-free option to tote your tunes and GPS running app and also features a compartment for keys or money. Available in black or red for $19.99.
- AUVIO In-Ear Sport Clip Headphones with Microphone stay put throughout your workout for $24.99. Other clip-style models start as low as $8.99.
- Beats by Dr. Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones combine sonic superiority, a secure fit, and sweat and UV resistance. Available in black, white or red for $149.99.