Slava Rubin, CEO Of Indiegogo, And Greg Sebasky, Chairman Of Philips North America, At Bloomberg's Next Big Thing Where Philips Announced Its Innovation Fellows Competition, Hosted By Indiegogo. (Photo: Business Wire)
Greg Sebasky, Chairman, Philips North America, today introduced Philips’ Innovation Fellows competition at the Bloomberg Next Big Thing Summit. Philips is asking people nationwide to submit their ideas for the “next big thing” that will help people live happy, healthier lives. Entrants will have the chance to tap into $100,000 in prize money from Philips, to help bring their innovation to life. To further spur open innovation, entrants can gain financial support for their idea on Indiegogo.com, a global web-based crowd funding site.
Slava Rubin, CEO of Indiegogo, and Greg Sebasky, Chairman of Philips North America, at Bloomberg's Next Big Thing where Philips announced its Innovation Fellows Competition, hosted by Indiegogo. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Philips is committed to meaningful innovation, and we strive to transform and enrich people’s lives to help them reach each life milestone in healthy, fulfilling ways,” said Sebasky. “Philips is always looking for the ‘next big thing’ and we want to broaden our reach and celebrate great ideas that have the potential to revolutionize the way we live. We invite all innovators to share their ideas and to help us in our search.”
Competition entries will focus on the three areas:
- Living Well: For instance, technology that helps people have a restful sleep or a sense of security at home.
- Being Healthy: For example, new products or services that enable people to better monitor their family’s health, seek medical treatment, prevent illness and live a healthy lifestyle.
- Enjoying Life: Ideas that would help provide greater happiness in people’s lives, including being an active part of one’s local community and living independently as one ages.
The 2013 Philips Meaningful Innovation Index, which examines satisfaction with current innovations by what is important in people’s lives, discovered Americans want future innovations to have a purpose. In dealing with the stresses of everyday life, Americans are looking for products and services that do more than create technology for technology’s sake. Philips focuses on delivering innovation that matters and supports the public’s ongoing desire for technology to make a real difference in people’s everyday lives."Indiegogo is committed to helping innovators gain access to funds around the world who can provide validation of their ideas and the financial support they need to make their ideas become reality,” said Slava Rubin, CEO and co-founder of Indiegogo. “We hope this competition will help make 'the next big thing' grow from an idea to a real-world innovation."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV