Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (NYSE: CM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.00%. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce provides various financial products and services to individual, small business, commercial, corporate, and institutional customers in Canada and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.49. The average volume for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has been 206,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has a market cap of $30.3 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are down 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK has improved earnings per share by 11.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK increased its bottom line by earning $7.85 versus $7.30 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 108.27% to $235.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.20%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 7.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $810.00 million to $874.00 million.
- You can view the full Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts