Atlanta-based HD Supply supplies contractors, government entities, maintenance professionals and homebuilders with a range of industrial and construction supplies.
The private equity firms acquired the company in 2007 when it spun out of retailer Home Depot Inc. in a deal valued at $8.5 billion.
Already gone public is homebuilder Taylor Morrison Home (TMHC), which raised $629 million in May by offering 28.6 million shares at $22, at the high end of the expected $20 to $22 range. On Monday, the company's shares were up 3% at $26.01 in midday trading.
The company, which is backed by Oaktree Capital and TPG Capital, initially intended to raise just $250 million, but later upsized to $500 million, which it was able to surpass in the IPO.Oaktree and TPG did not sell shares in the offering, retaining a 37.4% stake each. The company quickly garnered an initial "overweight" rating from equity analysts at JPMorgan, who have a price target of $31 for the company's shares. More of these companies could go public. One of them is Hellman & Friedman-backed Associated Materials, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior residential building products, according to a Reuters report. Calls to the firm for confirmation were not returned. "The trend is likely to continue as long as the market remains stable and there is continued improvement in residential and nonresidential construction data. When those things turn, the market for these kind of offerings could disappear relatively quickly," the source said. -- Written by Taina Rosa in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV