DAYTON, Ohio, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nominations are now being accepted for the annual EPIC Awards given by Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the leading analytic data solutions company. The awards recognize Teradata customers, including government agencies, who use innovative solutions to discover critical customer and business insights and create competitive advantage. Awards are also given to Teradata partners demonstrating commitment to driving business success through Teradata platforms and have made outstanding contributions to Teradata and its customers. There are three new awards categories for Teradata partners this year.
"Our Teradata EPIC Awards acknowledge outstanding achievement in the use of data or analytics to create business value. We recognize Teradata customers for their leadership and innovation in implementing data and analytics solutions, and the high-performance joint solutions of our partners," said Teradata Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Information Officer Bob Fair. "This is an opportunity for customers and partners who can quantify the value gained from their investment in integrated data warehousing, big data analytics or business applications, to gain the recognition that they deserve."
Teradata honors both customers (and their partners, where appropriate), and Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Systems Integrators (SI) partners. The six Teradata EPIC Awards categories for customers, and last year's winners, are:
- Analytical Excellence . McCain Foods Limited
- Customer Insights and Engagement . Telenor Pakistan
- Integrated Marketing Management . United Rentals
- Integrated View of the Business . KPN N.V. and Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Operational Excellence . Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- On the Edge . HealthTrust Purchasing Group and HCA Information Technology and Services