NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Stephanie Link tells Lindsey Bell why Action Alerts PLUS is making a bet on improved information technology spending in the second half of 2013.
Cisco (CSCO) made new 52-week highs Monday on signs that the service-provider market is starting to improve, and Link said shares of the tech giant could go even higher.
Link also said that Cisco was focusing more on software and security, rather than routers, which are more of a commoditized business.
Changing directions a bit, she told Bell that she and Cramer had trimmed their position in Oracle (ORCL) ahead of earnings this week. Although they do expect an in-line result, the bounce from the low-$30 range has proved rewarding."If the stock were to pull back, then we would buy back what we just sold," she added. When Bell asked what stocks she is watching, Link said Accenture (ACN) and IBM (IBM) are at the top of the list due to their stability and bellwether stature. Facebook (FB) is another name they continue to like over the long term, even though many investors appear to have given up on the name. "We see the substantial growth drivers in that position," she concluded. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long CSCO, FB and ORCL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV