Canadian Tire Family of Companies and Senators Sports & Entertainment join forces on a long-term partnership
Enhanced community and grassroots activations will help get more kids in the game
OTTAWA, June 18, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (CTC.A, CTC) and Senators Sports & Entertainment announced today a new strategic partnership that will see Ottawa's premiere sports and entertainment venue renamed to Canadian Tire Centre. This long-term agreement will cover a broad variety of activations on all levels, including community sports in the Ottawa- Gatineau region.
This all-encompassing partnership will feature on-site branding opportunities for many of the retail banners in the Canadian Tire Family of Companies, including Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Sports Experts and Mark's. This partnership also includes opportunities for Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities to work with the Sens Foundation to develop fundraising initiatives and co-branded community development programming. The agreement takes effect on July 1, 2013, and arena-related signage will be in place for the start of the 2013-14 National Hockey League (NHL) season."The Ottawa Senators and Canadian Tire have been partners since 1990 when our fans first welcomed the team's announced re-entry into the National Hockey League. It is a long and storied partnership we are extremely proud of, and pleased to be able to build upon," said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. "Canadian Tire is an iconic brand and is one of the largest hockey retailers in the world. That represents a unique opportunity for both of our organizations to work side-by-side on a wide range of new marketing and community initiatives that will be good for our business, our hockey team and most of all, our fans." "As a Family of Companies, we are on a journey to partner with leading sports organizations to promote sport and bring physical activity to the grassroots level. Our new partnership with Senators Sports & Entertainment fits perfectly with what we want to accomplish for our customers," said Duncan Fulton, senior vice president of corporate affairs for Canadian Tire Corporation. "In January we announced one of the largest commitments to amateur sport in the country with our partnership with the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Teams as well as five National Sport Federations, including Hockey Canada. Our new partnership with the Senators further extends our authority in sports - from backyard rinks to world-class arenas, no other retailer gets hockey like we do." Major Partnership Components:
- Naming rights to Canadian Tire Centre, including building, digital, scoreboard and in-ice signage
- Support for community-based programs including: Future Sens Program, I Love to Skate Program, Canadian Forces Appreciation Night, Jumpstart Game Nights and the Bell Capital Cup
- An enhanced partnership between Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities and the Sens Foundation that will provide families in financial need with support in getting their children enrolled in organized sport and recreation
- The installation of Capital Tickets kiosks at select Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Sports Experts and Mark's stores in the region to provide easy access to all of Senators Sports & Entertainment's events taking place at Canadian Tire Centre
- Canadian Tire becomes the title sponsor of Senators Sportsnet broadcasts, with reach into Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada
- Naming rights for rink pads and advertising at the Bell Sensplex and soon-to-be built Richcraft Sensplex
- Sport Chek and Sports Experts become the exclusive 'Team Development Sponsor,' tied to the NHL Draft, Development Camp, Rookie Camp and Ottawa Senators Training Camp
- Mark's has the opportunity to become the official outfitter of Canadian Tire Centre, outfitting event and facility staff with assorted apparel from Denver Hayes
- Player and coach involvement in community events hosted by Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Sports Experts and Mark's
- Access to major consumer promotions, including 'Ride the Canadian Tire Zamboni' and exclusive offers for customers parking their cars at Canadian Tire Centre
- Frank Finnigan's restaurant in the facility's main concourse to be redesigned as a sports bar and renamed 'Sport Chek Sports Bar & Grill'
- The arena's kitchens will become known as the official 'Canadian Tire Kitchen,' where the company will test new equipment and produce customer-facing marketing materials.