The customers and employees of Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE), the leading retailer of extreme-value merchandise for teens and pre-teens, have teamed up to raise nearly $345,000 for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF), a national non-profit organization dedicated to finding cures for all kids with cancer.
The bulk of Five Below’s donation is the result of the company’s three-week-long lemon pinup campaign, during which all 250+ Five Below stores across 18 states sold lemon-shaped pinups that customers could purchase for $1, sign, and hang on a Five Below wall. The donation also includes the proceeds of Five Below’s limited-edition, lemon-scented Fresh Paint nail polish sales, and employee fundraisers held at Five Below’s corporate headquarters and distribution centers.
“Once again our customers have shown that Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and its mission to find a cure for all pediatric cancers are close to their hearts,” said David Schlessinger, co-founder of Five Below.
Tom Vellios, CEO and co-founder of Five Below added, “In just two years, Five Below has raised more than $500,000 to support this cause. We couldn’t be prouder, or more eager for next year’s fundraiser.”Five Below’s donation check in the amount of $344,786.39 was presented Tuesday evening, June 11, at the 8 th Annual Great Chefs Event, a yearly fundraiser benefitting ALSF and the Vetri Foundation for Children. A group of childhood cancer survivors presented the check on Five Below’s behalf to ALSF Executive Director, Jay Scott, and Liz Scott, Co-Executive Director of ALSF and mom of Foundation creator Alexandra “Alex” Scott. Five Below’s limited-edition, lemon-scented Fresh Paint brand nail polish is available in stores for a few more weeks, while supplies last. A portion of the proceeds will continue to go directly toward ALSF. Five Below has been a partner of ALSF since 2005 and has raised more than $700,000 for the organization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV