AFGE President Urges Lawmakers To Reject Proposed Government Transformation Commission
Cox said it is clear that the commission's agenda will involve fewer rights for federal employees, fewer safeguards that protect the operation of government from political interference, more costly and unaccountable outsourcing and privatization, and a diminution in both quantity and quality of services provided to the public.
"It is a profoundly undemocratic initiative that would minimize the role of elected officials and maximize the power of corporate special interests operating behind the scenes to advance their agenda of contracting out, reallocation of salary dollars away from middle and lower graded employees, a reduction in civil service protections and collective bargaining rights, and the constriction of government programs, services, agencies, and access."
The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union, representing 670,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV