Shareholders for Terrafina (BMV: TERRA13), a Mexican real estate investment trust advised by Prudential Real Estate Investors, today approved the purchase of a portfolio of Mexican industrial properties from Kimco Realty Corp. (NYSE:KIM) and its joint venture partner, American Industries, for about $600 million, the company announced today.
Terrafina announced on May 23 that it had signed an agreement with Kimco to purchase the portfolio, which consists of 87 properties totaling about 11 million square feet that are occupied by a diverse range of multi-national tenants. The facilities are predominantly for light manufacturing in the automotive, aerospace and consumer goods sectors.
Terrafina, which expects the transaction to be completed by the third quarter of 2013, will pay for the portfolio through existing credit facilities and the assumption of the existing debt on the portfolio.
Terrafina (BMV:TERRA13) is a Mexican real estate investment trust formed primarily to acquire, own, develop and manage real estate properties in Mexico. Terrafina’s portfolio consists of attractive, strategically-located warehouses and other light manufacturing properties throughout the central, Bajío and northern regions of Mexico.Terrafina, which is advised by Prudential Real Estate Investors, owns 146 real estate properties, including 132 developed industrial facilities with a collective GLA of approximately 19.8 million square feet and 14 land reserve parcels. With the addition of this portfolio, Terrafina grows to 233 properties with more than 31 million square feet of industrial space, making it the largest owner of industrial assets in Mexico, based on gross lettable area (GLA). The company has approximately 180 lease agreements with tenants that include international, national, regional and local companies. Additional information is available at http://www.terrafinafibra.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV