Stocks Advance as Fed Taper Talk Ebbs
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Major U.S. stock markets pushed higher Tuesday as investors anticipated that the Federal Reserve won't announce steps to aggressively curb the bond-buying program that has helped drive equities for more than a year.
The Fed began a two-day policy meeting today amid signs that inflation hasn't spiked as a result of the bank's stimulus measures, and data showing that the country's housing market remains months if not years away from a full recovery.
"Data this morning specifically related to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV