OWINGS MILLS, Md., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, announced today the addition of smoothies to the robust weight-loss product lineup. The first two smoothie meals are the Triple Berry Smoothie and Pineapple Mango Smoothie and complement the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan ®, in which clients eat five Medifast meals and one Lean & Green™ Meal each day.
"With the start of summer, we're pleased to offer refreshing and desirable smoothie options that incorporate the same nutritional value of our other Medifast Meals, while fulfilling cravings for a fresh, fun treat," said Michael MacDonald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medifast, Inc. "Providing our customers with a wide range of healthy meal options are just one of the way we help facilitate long-term weight-loss success. We are confident that the new Medifast smoothie category will continue this trend."
The new fruit smoothies are kosher dairy, vegetarian, caffeine free, and certified gluten free. They are a low-fat, reliable protein sources that provide a balance of vitamins and minerals. The Triple Berry Smoothie and Pineapple Mango Smoothie offer clients delicious, hunger-quenching meal choices that take only minutes to prepare. Like each of the current 70+ Medifast Meal choices, these new smoothies are interchangeable with all other meal options on the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan.Medifast Products and Programs have been recommended by over 20,000 doctors since 1980. Clients can expect to lose 2-5 pounds per week for the first two weeks and 1-2 pounds per week thereafter on the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan. New Medifast products are available for purchase online, through a free Take Shape For Life Health Coach, or at a Medifast Weight Control Center. For more information please visit, www.MedifastNow.com. MED-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV