Gartner IOM Summit -- SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced a significant upgrade to its enterprise software portfolio with a new version of its FlashSoft ™ software for Windows Server ® and Linux operating systems. FlashSoft 3.2 server-side solid state caching software complements and enhances the performance of existing applications, and server and storage systems.
Key benefits of FlashSoft 3.2 software include:
- multiple SSD support, with SSD mirroring for “safe write-back” caching;
- support for up to four caches on a single server;
- acceleration of up to 2048 volumes per cache;
- maximum cache size increased to two terabytes per cache; and,
- support for volume-based storage architectures, including direct-attached storage (DAS) and storage area network (SAN) configurations.
“Solid state storage strategies are changing the economics of data management. The challenge, however, is adding enterprise flash technology without major disruptions to ongoing IT operations,” said Jeff Boles, senior analyst and director of Lab Validation Services, The Taneja Group. “SanDisk’s FlashSoft software efficiently integrates solid state cache into servers without changing where data is stored or the features and capabilities of a consolidated storage approach. This ‘disruptionless’ approach dramatically simplifies the introduction of solid state, and allows SanDisk customers to immediately address performance challenges without changing existing storage strategies.”
By caching frequently accessed data (“hot data”) on solid-state memory installed in the server, FlashSoft software allows read and write operations for hot data to execute via the solid state device rather than underlying storage. This optimizes server performance by reducing input-output latency (“I/O latency”) from storage. The software dynamically allocates the cache space to volumes based on their I/O activity for optimal efficiency in SSD utilization, while minimizing use of server CPU and memory resources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV