Titled “Good Works,” the report illustrates how Regions is building stronger customer relationships, a sustainable business, and communities that thrive through small business lending, economic development, charitable giving, and volunteerism.
“We have reaffirmed our mission to make life better for our customers, our associates and our communities by creating shared value as we help them meet their financial goals and aspirations,” said Grayson Hall, president, chairman and chief executive officer, Regions Financial Corporation. “The stories in this report, and the countless other examples of our associates bringing our core values to life, prove that success for our customers translates into success for our communities and our shareholders, reinforcing our belief that good works.”
- Good Works to preserve small-town farming traditions:Regions said “yes” when T&D Farms needed funding for a successful farming business it operates in the Mississippi Delta, the state’s most economically disadvantaged area. Timely loans helped T&D Farms grow threefold in the past five years and increase employment.
“Regions has stuck with us through the ups and downs,” said Kent Toller Jr., co-owner of T&D Farms. “In farming, nothing ever goes perfectly, but we now employ 25 people. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but that’s 25 families, 25 Christmases, 25 Easters. Keeping people working makes a big difference in a small community.”
- Good Works when challenges become opportunities rather than obstacles:Lakeshore Foundation is a Birmingham, Ala.-based nonprofit dedicated to helping individuals with physically disabling conditions lead healthy, active, independent lifestyles through physical activity, sport, recreation and research. In addition to providing volunteer support for Lakeshore, Regions provides ongoing charitable support to Lakeshore’s injured military program, including Lima Foxtrot, one of the country’s premier comprehensive, year-round sport, fitness and recreation programs for severely injured members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Lakeshore’s Lima Foxtrot has served more than 1,800 injured servicemen and women and their families from 36 states and territories.
|“Lakeshore Foundation is proud to work with Regions in a variety of ways,” says Foundation President Jeff Underwood. “From volunteer leadership on our board of directors and junior board to employees who lend their time and talents to our programs, we see Regions’ positive impact on our organization every day.”|
- Good Works when all communities have access to quality healthcare:Since opening in 1981, Oakhurst Medical Centers, located just east of Atlanta, Ga., have provided affordable, accessible, quality healthcare services to low-income residents in DeKalb and Rockdale counties. Based on growing demand, Oakhurst is building a new 24,000-square-foot facility scheduled to be completed in October 2013. Regions provided a construction loan and permanent financing, which will allow Oakhurst to serve more people, provide more jobs, and give a health boost to the community.
“The facilities offer a healthcare safety net for the underserved and uninsured,” explained Oakhurst CEO Jeff Taylor. “This saves the county and state money by providing primary care to those who would typically seek help in an emergency room setting for non-emergency care.”
In 2012, Regions supported thousands of organizations in the 16 states the company serves through investments, grants, and sponsorships. Regions associates also provided in-kind volunteer service to non-profit organizations through the company’s “What a Difference a Day Makes” volunteer program. Since 2008 the program has encouraged associates to spend one paid workday each year volunteering in their communities. In addition, associates “Share the Good” for one week each year by going out into the community to teach financial education, run canned food drives or perform other good works.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts