MELVILLE, N.Y., June 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FalconStor Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:FALC), a market leader in disk-based data protection, today announced that Tracy Balent, senior director of channel sales, has been named to CRN's 2013 Women of the Channel list and has been recognized as one of this year's Power 100. The annual Women of the Channel list highlights female executives across vendor channel organizations, distributors and solution providers based on their accomplishments over the past year and the far-reaching impact they are having on the technology industry going forward. The Power 100 recognizes an elite subset of the women based on their rank, influence, channel savvy and exceptional achievements.
A channel veteran with extensive experience guiding sales and marketing efforts, Balent joined FalconStor in February of this year to direct channel sales. Balent oversees FalconStor's national resellers in the Americas to drive collaboration and implement joint business plans across the partner community. Balent works with partners in the Americas to reveal how channel partners can leverage FalconStor's suite of data protection solutions to increase their sales and margins. Also, Balent is charged with expanding FalconStor's channel program by engaging new partners who can address the data protection needs of the IBM midmarket through IBM's Indirect OEM (IOEM) program, under which Avnet Embedded will integrate the FalconStor ® Virtual Tape Library (VTL) solution on IBM servers and storage.
"We are pleased to shine a spotlight on the most influential and powerful women working in the channel today," said Robert Faletra, CEO, UBM Tech Channel. "Offering this distinction further extends our ongoing commitment to the women of the channel by highlighting their accomplishments, sharing best practices and connecting powerful women in a forum designed to educate, inspire and advance the channel community."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV