Today, American Express kicked off a new program designed to enable, inspire and encourage people to pursue their passion projects. The #PassionProject brings together leading experts, how-to advice, personal profiles and a monthly contest to inspire consumers to pursue the projects that are important and meaningful to their lives.
The program reflects the findings of the recent American Express LifeTwist study, revealing that Americans now believe success is no longer rooted in a sense of arrival, but defined primarily by the experiences they accumulate, detours they embrace and passions they pursue throughout their lifetime. American Express has been synonymous with success and the successful for much of its 163-year history, and its products and services have changed over time to reflect consumer attitudes towards achievement.
The LifeTwist study also found that ‘passion projects,’ defined as the pursuit of an interest or hobby, are considered an important ingredient to living a fulfilled and successful life by the vast majority of Americans (75%).
To bring these findings to life, the new program, launching today on YouTube, shines a light on Members of the #PassionProject through profile and how-to “do-torial” videos of people who are making an impact in large and small ways. Each feature is designed to motivate, educate and inspire consumers to pursue their own passion projects.The first two members of the #PassionProject are:
- Scott Harrison, founder of charity: water, which brings clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. His “do-torial” video inspires and encourages others to get involved and explains five easy steps for turning your birthday into a fundraiser for those in need of safe drinking water.
- Rebecca Lando, creator of The Working Class Foodies, shares her philosophy on making seasonal, sustainable meals on a budget and shows how easy it is to cook just about anything with five simple tools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV