LONDON, NEW YORK and SYDNEY, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FOREX.com, the retail division of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), a global provider of online trading services; today released its 3Q 2013 Market Outlook report.
FOREX.com analysts predict another volatile quarter for financial markets as the Fed considers tapering its QE program and the German Federal elections in September threaten to break the spell of sovereign stability in the Eurozone.
"This is likely to be a pivotal quarter for financial markets. The prospect of an end to stimulus from the Federal Reserve may carry huge ramifications for the direction of prices in equity, FX and commodity markets," said Kathleen Brooks, Research Director, FOREX.com.
"At the same time, German Federal elections and a new Governor at the Bank of England may rock markets further. The easy gains in stock markets of recent times could be over," she added.Expectations from the FOREX.com 3Q 2013 Markets Outlook include:
- The dollar is likely to resume its upward bias as Fed tapering and relative growth potential in the US comes back into view.
- Trust in Abenomics starts to wane, threatening the USDJPY uptrend.
- A fragile peace in European sovereign bond markets combined with an uncertain outlook for growth could cap EUR gains.
- If Mark Carney, the new governor of the Bank of England, does not deliver the QE goods then we could see further GBP upside.
- Commodities may be kept under pressure by global growth fears, leaving the Aussie and Kiwi vulnerable to further losses.
- Precious metals could see their popularity improve as we progress through the quarter, while Copper may remain under pressure as global growing pains persist.
- Choppy waters for global stock markets could see further downside in the next three months as the end of QE3 brings corporate fundamentals back into focus.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts