ISC’13 -– Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that the company continued its leadership as the global interconnect solution provider for the TOP500 list of supercomputers. The number of the TOP500’s Petascale-capable systems connected with Mellanox FDR InfiniBand doubled from November 2012 to June 2013. Overall, the number of Mellanox FDR InfiniBand connected systems grew 3.3X from June 2012 to June 2013, and Mellanox FDR InfiniBand accelerates the top four InfiniBand-based systems on the list, showing the increasing demand for higher performance, scalability and efficiency.
Mellanox ConnectX® and Connect-IB InfiniBand adapters and SwitchX®-based switch systems optimize server and storage performance and provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers, connecting nearly 50 percent (16 systems) of all Petascale-based systems (33 systems).
The advanced offloads and accelerations within Mellanox InfiniBand solutions enable the most performance-efficient systems on the TOP500 list, at nearly 96 percent system and CPU efficiency.
“We are pleased to see the increased adoption of our FDR InfiniBand interconnect solutions by the world’s fastest supercomputers,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “FDR InfiniBand delivers today the highest performance for high-performance computing, cloud, Web 2.0, database and storage applications. Our interconnect solutions connect nearly half of the world’s petaflop systems, demonstrating the high system efficiency and scalability that our interconnect provides. We continue with our development efforts to bring the next generation of 100Gb/s interconnect solutions, which are expected to be released in 2014/2015 time frame.”Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system. Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the June 2013 TOP500 list include:
- FDR InfiniBand is the fastest growing interconnect technology on the TOP500 with a 3.3X increase in the number of systems versus the June 2012 TOP500 list.
- InfiniBand connects nearly 50 percent of the world’s most powerful petaflop systems on the list.
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, achieving up to 96 percent system utilization.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP100 with 49 percent, in the TOP200 with 47 percent, in the TOP300 with 44 percent and in the TOP400 systems with 43 percent.
- Overall there are 205 InfiniBand systems on the list
- InfiniBand systems account for 2.6X the performance of Ethernet systems.
- InfiniBand connects 3X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP500 systems and 6.6X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP100 systems.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 83 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end InfiniBand scalable HPC solutions accelerate 80 percent of the accelerator-based systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial, technical computing, cloud computing and enterprise data centers.
- Learn more about Mellanox InfiniBand Switches, Adapter Cards
- Learn more about Mellanox Switch Management and Storage Fabric Software
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter , Facebook , Google+ , Linked-In , and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV