- The introduction of an expansion storage unit (ESU). The ESU is an optional building block that expands the number of drives of a single scalable storage unit (SSU) from 84 to 168, providing higher capacity scale-out increments. This allows ClusterStor 6000 users the flexibility to scale-out their performance linearly at much higher capacity ratios.
- Support of 4TB SAS disk drives within ClusterStor storage systems, enabling even higher capacity with the same blazing-fast performance. The ClusterStor 6000 now can provide up to 256TB of usable file system capacity in a single SSU with 4TB drives, or up to 512TB of usable file system capacity in an SSU-ESU pair.
- Enhanced security and performance through: a new hardware-assisted CRC-32 feature that leverages Intel ® Xeon ® processor instruction sets on each SSU embedded server module to ensure data integrity over clustered data storage networks and drive a substantial boost to system performance through increased efficiency; and additional compatibility with additional user authentication systems.
- Improved file performance with the introduction of wide stripe, which increases the number of SSUs and ESUs a single file system or individual file can span. Wide striping expands the number of SSUs and ESUs from 40 (160 object storage targets) to 500 (2000 object storage targets).
- Higher availability for ClusterStor Manager. The fault tolerance in ClusterStor management services is enhanced through automated failover capabilities which ensure the survival of storage cluster management services even in the event of a management node failing.
Xyratex Enhances ClusterStor™ Operating System, Unlocks More Value For Scale-Out HPC Storage
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts