KB Home (NYSE: KBH) today announced that all of its new homes will now include a Wiser™ home management system from supplier partner Schneider Electric. The system will allow homeowners to track their home’s energy consumption, in real-time, from practically anywhere. A web-based portal, accessible from mobile devices and home computers, will show homeowners their daily energy usage in both dollars and kilowatts, with the ability to look at the data on an hourly basis. The standard system is also the base of a platform that can be enhanced to include home automation features such as remote door, lighting, thermostat and security system operations, making all new KB homes wired and ready for the 21 st century.
“Similar to the way in which the dashboard of a car provides the driver with real-time information about the performance of their vehicle, the Wiser home management system provides our homeowners with information about their home’s performance through real-time monitoring of their energy usage. This empowers our homeowners to reduce their energy consumption and make the most of their highly energy-efficient new KB home,” said Jeffrey Mezger, president and chief executive officer of KB Home. “This system is also a sign of our times. Not only do consumers want ‘smart’ phones, they want ‘smart’ homes as well. By including the Wiser home management system in all of our new homes, we are equipping them to be some of the most intelligent homes out there.”
The introduction of the Wiser home management system as a standard feature of KB homes is the builder’s latest in a series of continual improvements to its new homes in the area of energy efficiency. All KB homes are ENERGY STAR® certified and include WaterSense labeled fixtures as well as other environmentally-conscious features such as low-VOC paint, programmable thermostats and low-E windows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV