Dollar General Corporation (NYSE:DG) today announced the completion of $200 million in share repurchases of its common stock in the open market.
"The strength of our balance sheet coupled with our strong cash flow generation makes this an opportune time to return cash to our shareholders. We are committed to optimizing our capital structure, while increasing shareholder value," said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General's chairman and CEO.
These repurchases are part of the existing Board authorized share repurchase program. Year-to-date, Dollar General has repurchased approximately $220 million of its common stock and has approximately $424 million remaining in the existing authorization. Dollar General has repurchased approximately $1.1 billion, or 23.6 million shares, of its common stock since the inception of its current share repurchase program in December 2011.
About Dollar General CorporationDollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 70 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!(R) by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations. With over 10,700 stores in 40 states, Dollar General has more retail locations in the U.S. than any other retailer. In addition to high quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Kellogg's, General Mills, Nabisco, Hanes, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV