PITTSBURGH and RESTON, Va., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ServiceLink, a leading end-to-end origination, servicing and default solutions provider for the top mortgage lenders and servicers, announced today from the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS) 2013 User Conference the availability of its MERS Reconciliation and Resolution program.
Offered through LoanCare, ServiceLink's servicing division, the program monitors and manages MERS data in order to ensure accuracy on behalf of its lender and servicer clients, ensuring that this information remains compliant with the latest industry standards by:
- Reviewing daily activity based reports for exceptions, confirming Mortgage Identification Number (MIN) status updates and taking corrective action when necessary;
- Managing all monthly portfolio analyses and reconciliation, comparing data and MIN status provided in MERS to the data and loan status in the system of record to identify variances and resolve any discrepancies;
- Providing a three-way review on newly registered loans, reviewing registration data, loan documentation and the data in the system of record to ensure data integrity across all platforms;
- Conducting root-cause analyses to help prevent future discrepancies and
- Providing audit support, including documentation preparation, execution and recordation.
"Many providers tout reconciliation solutions, however the services they provide don't fully meet the definition of 'reconciliation,'" said Virginia Earley, Director of Client Solutions with ServiceLink's LoanCare servicing division. "While these offerings are great at comparing datasets and providing convenient lists of discrepancies, lenders and servicers still have to research and correct all of the resulting discrepancies in order to be in, and remain in, compliance with MERS regulations."
In order to complete the reconciliation process, lenders and servicers must have the resources and expertise needed to perform loan-level research and apply corrections according to MERS' guidelines. While other solutions simply identify issues for MERS members, ServiceLink's MERS Reconciliation and Resolution offering provides loan-level research throughout the entire process – from daily reporting to final review – and resolves any variances and discrepancies, removing the burden of data validation from the client. This results in error-free data and documentation, significantly improving loan file quality and potentially netting servicers higher returns at the time of loan sale."The ability to proactively identify and resolve issues within mortgage documents and public records is critical to enhancing portfolio compliance," said Gene Ross, President, ServiceLink's LoanCare servicing division. "MERS Reconciliation and Resolution is a result of our steadfast commitment to providing uniquely powerful programs that eliminate roadblocks to the industry's overall growth and return valuable resources back into lenders' and servicers' organizations." For more information regarding ServiceLink's MERS Reconciliation and Resolution program please contact Virginia Earley at Virginia.Earley@loancare.net or 757.955.8705. About ServiceLinkServiceLink, a Fidelity National Financial (NYSE:FNF) company, is a leading provider of end-to-end origination and default related products, services and technology for the mortgage industry. ServiceLink currently serves 15 of the top 20 national lenders and servicers, helping them drive maximum performance throughout the life of the loan. ServiceLink combines its unrivaled Serve First culture and industry experience with innovative products and technology along with the resources of FNF to help our client partners mitigate risk, reduce cycle times and lower operating costs. For more information about ServiceLink, visit www.servicelinkfnf.com. SOURCE ServiceLink
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV