PARIS, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Embraer S.A. (NYSE: ERJ; BM&FBOVESPA: EMBR3) disclosed a firm order from Japan Airlines (JAL) today for another four EMBRAER 170 jets. The firm order is already included in Embraer's backlog as an "undisclosed" customer. With this new agreement, the total number of firm orders for the E170 from JAL is 15 aircraft.
As with the previous aircraft ordered by JAL, these four E170s will be configured with 76 seats in a single-class layout and will be operated by J-AIR, JAL's wholly owned subsidiary that serves the company's domestic network. The airline already operates twelve E170s, with an outstanding dispatch reliability of 99.7% over the last 12 months.
"We are honored to have this new order from JAL, which is another endorsement of the E170's capabilities on domestic routes in Japan," said John Slattery, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), Embraer Commercial Aviation. "Since we delivered the first aircraft to JAL in 2008, we have established a commitment to support the airline's return to growth with the E170s enabling the re-launch of several routes, whilst also better matching capacity to demand."
"We are operating approximately 158 flights daily to 27 destinations in 20 cities throughout Japan. Using these additional aircraft, we are able to expand our network to and from Osaka Itami Airport which is our main base of operations. Our customers also appreciate that the E170 provides a comfortable and reliable solution for J-AIR" said Tetsuya Onuki, President, J-AIR.Embraer has also signed an extension of the Pool Program with JAL to include these additional four aircraft. The program covers more than 300 part numbers for all E170 jets operated by J-AIR. Follow us on Twitter: @EmbraerSA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV