According to a recent national survey conducted by Procter & Gamble, Americans are ready to clean up for summer entertaining. When asked ‘what is most in need of a thorough cleaning at their house’ the answer was: their garage. One-third of respondents said their garage is most in need of cleaning, while patio furniture and grill tied for second place.
Only one percent of survey respondents identified their playground equipment as most in need of a thorough cleaning, despite the fact that health and safety concerns exist in the form of germs and pathogens.
“Everyone loves spending summer days and nights with family and friends in their backyards, but tackling the outdoor cleaning projects to get ready can be really daunting,” said Jennifer Hadfield, expert DIYer and blogger at Tatertots & Jello ( www.tatertotsandjello.com). “Break your project up into smaller steps and be sure to take advantage of products designed specifically for tough outdoor cleaning, like Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Spray, available at home improvement stores such as Lowe’s.”
Hadfield offers these tips for summer “done bright”:
- From a clean grill to shiny patio furniture to an organized garage – summer is the time to go outside and enjoy your outdoor spaces. Lowe’s carries products like Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Outdoor Pro and Bounty that help make your outdoor cleaning fast and easy.
- Summer doesn’t just happen in your backyard. Summer is the time to wear white, and you can keep your whites bright and fresh with products like Tide Plus Downy Clean Breeze and Tide Plus Febreze Spring & Renewal .
- Keep the bright going at night. Outdoor entertaining doesn’t end when the sun goes down. From battery-operated candles to lanterns to flashlights, you’ll want to keep plenty of Duracell batteries on hand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV