- Adjusted EPS was $1.15, up 10%
- Revenues increased 6% to $215 million
- Free cash flow was $92 million, up 32%
NORWALK, Conn., June 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the third quarter of fiscal 2013.
For the quarter ended May 31, 2013 revenues increased to $214.6 million, up 6% over the prior year. Included in this total was $2.9 million of acquired revenues from StreetAccount. Operating income was $71.6 million compared to $68.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Net income was $53.4 million versus $48.0 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share was $1.20 compared to $1.05 in the same period of fiscal 2012.
Adjusted net income increased 6% to $51.1 million, while adjusted diluted EPS grew 10% to $1.15. Adjusted net income and diluted EPS both exclude income tax benefits of $2.3 million or $0.05 per diluted share related to finalizing prior years' tax returns.A reconciliation between GAAP and adjusted financial measures is presented on page 8 of this press release.
|(Condensed and Unaudited)||Three Months Ended May 31,|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2013||2012||Change|
|Adjusted net income||$51,097||$47,980||6%|
|Adjusted diluted earnings per share||$1.15||$1.05||10%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||44,485||45,736|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV