PARIS, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bombardier Aerospace announced today that Seattle-based Horizon Air has signed a firm contract to acquire three 76-seat Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprop airliners. The transaction represents the conversion of three previously booked options on the aircraft. The airline also reconfirmed its options on another seven Q400 NextGen aircraft.
Based on the list price of the Q400 NextGen aircraft, the contract announced today is valued at approximately $98 million US.
The three new aircraft will increase Horizon Air's orders for Q400 and Q400 NextGen airliners to 51 aircraft – the world's largest fleet. Including the order announced today, Horizon Air has ordered a total of 100 Bombardier Dash 8/Q-Series aircraft since 1985."This aircraft order represents a significant milestone for Horizon and our employees, who have dedicated themselves to transforming our business and enabled us to grow," said Glenn Johnson, Horizon Air President. "The addition of these three Q400 NextGen aircraft will allow us to venture into the state of Alaska, which is considered America's last frontier and is now an exciting new frontier for Horizon." "Our Q400 and Q400 NextGen aircraft remain North America's preferred turboprop because they provide the best combination of fuel efficiency and productivity in their class," said Mike Arcamone, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. "Airlines that operate these aircraft successfully deploy them in a wide range of markets, from typical short-haul turboprop markets to longer-haul operations where they complement, and in some cases replace, jet aircraft. "Horizon Air has been a Bombardier customer since 1985 when it ordered its first 10 37-seat Dash 8-100 airliners," added Mr. Arcamone. "We are thrilled that the airline is returning to order more Q400 aircraft - a superb testament to the flexibility and reliability of the aircraft."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV