The 777-8X, at approximately 350 seats, will provide exceptional economics over very long ranges or with full cargo and passenger loads over more traditional routes. The 777-9X, at approximately 400 seats, will uniquely serve that market segment for airlines that look to up-gauge. The 777X will be the largest and most fuel-efficient twin-engine jet in the world, with 20 percent lower fuel consumption and 15 percent lower operating costs than today's 777.
Boeing said it is exploring a number of innovations that will advance the passenger experience and create an interior passengers will prefer. For instance, the company is looking at repositioning and resizing the passenger windows to provide more ambient light in the cabin and provide passengers with better views outside the cabin.
Boeing will further leverage the 777's cross-section to introduce new innovations for passenger comfort.
"By taking advantage of the widest cabin in its class, we can create a unique flying experience that passengers will seek out," said Fancher.747-8 The 747-8, the largest airplane in the Boeing twin-aisle family, is performing extremely well in service. It has received outstanding customer and passenger feedback, with airlines reporting excellent dispatch reliability and utilization and a 3.5 percent improvement in fuel efficiency since entering service. Additional gains through a performance improvement package are under way. Boeing's new Current Market Outlook, released last week, predicts a market size of 8,590 new twin-aisle airplanes over the next 20 years, as airlines update their fleets with new, more fuel-efficient airplanes. Contact: Mike TullBoeing Airplane Development Communications +1 206-304-7164 ( Paris) email@example.com Julie O'Donnell787-9 and 787-10X Communications+1 425-266-2927 ( Seattle) firstname.lastname@example.org Scott Lefeber777X Communications+1 425-266-5824 ( Seattle) email@example.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV