LE BOURGET, France, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) today highlighted its twin-aisle family, noting that with the offering of the 777X, it will have an airplane serving every major segment of the market. The 747-8, 777 and 787 Dreamliner families of airplanes offer a complete family with a high degree of commonality that will deliver superior value for operators.
In a briefing at the 2013 Paris Air Show, Scott Fancher, vice president and general manager, Airplane Development, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, outlined the company's strategy for its environmentally progressive, reliable airplanes in the context of evolving market demand and volatile fuel prices.
"Our development focus to complement and extend today's twin-aisle family means we offer a full array of airplanes that match seat count and range to the needs of the market," said Fancher.
787-9 and 787-10XAs the 787-8 Dreamliner continues its introduction with new operators and delivers on its promise of 20 percent better fuel efficiency, the second member of the family — the 787-9 — makes steady progress toward market entry. Boeing began final assembly of the 787-9 last month on schedule and is set for first flight later this year. The third and largest member of the 787 family – the 787-10X – is on track and is progressing toward launch. The 787-10X will complement the 787-8 and 787-9 as well as the 777 family to provide maximum flexibility for operators. The 787-10X will set a new benchmark in efficiency, covering more than 90 percent of the world's twin-aisle routes with 25 percent better fuel efficiency than that of its current competitor and 13 percent better than its future competitor. 777-8X and 777-9X Boeing continues to innovate with the 777X. By starting with the 777 — the most popular twin-aisle flying today — and adding the best of the 787 and 747-8, the 777X will provide breakthrough economics and an all-new interior.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV