TEWKSBURY, Mass., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) received a $115.9 million contract to provide engineering services for the Patriot Air and Missile Defense System. Through this contract, Raytheon will continue to deliver ongoing capability enhancements in support of the U.S. Army and Foreign Military Sales customers as they rely on their Patriot systems to stay ahead of evolving threats. The contract was awarded in Raytheon's first quarter of 2013.
Under the contract, issued by the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala., Raytheon will provide systems analysis, software development, testing and logistics support, and other country-specific system requirements.
"NATO and our 12 Patriot partners worldwide count on Patriot to protect their people and allies, as we're witnessing today on the world stage," said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president of Integrated Air and Missile Defense at Raytheon's Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business. "The U.S. Army's continued commitment to Patriot sustainment through engineering services ensures that the Patriot systems are at the highest level of readiness whenever and wherever they are called to serve."Work under this contract will be performed by Raytheon at the Integrated Air Defense Center, Andover, Mass.; IDS Headquarters, Tewksbury, Mass.; the Warfighter Protection Center, Huntsville, Ala.; and the Mission Capability Verification Center, White Sands, N.M. About PatriotPatriot is the world's most capable air and missile defense system, providing protection against a full range of advanced threats, including aircraft, tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles. It is the system of choice for 12 nations around the globe. Raytheon is the prime contractor for both domestic and international Patriot Air and Missile Defense Systems and system integrator for Patriot Advanced Capability-3 missiles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV