June 17, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE:HTA) ("HTA") announced today that it had been added to the Russell Global and Russell 3000 indexes. According to Russell Investments, the inclusion to these indexes will take place on
Monday, July 1
. With this addition, HTA will be represented in a significant number of leading market indices, including the MSCI US REIT Index (RMZ), the Wilshire US Real Estate Securities Index, the Wilshire US REIT Index, the Wilshire Global Real Estate Securities Index, and the Wilshire Global REIT Index.
The inclusion to these indexes comes approximately 1 year after HTA listed its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) without raising equity. Since that time, HTA has increased its freely floating market capitalization to approximately
, or approximately 75% of its total market capitalization, as of
June 17, 2013
. This includes the recent conversion of HTA's Class B-2 shares to Class A shares on
June 6, 2013
"In the year since we listed our shares on the NYSE, HTA has remained patient and prudent in its efforts to introduce HTA to new investors," stated Chairman and CEO
Scott D. Peters
. "We are pleased that it has resulted in a significant expansion of our investor base, including these index investors, institutional investors, and new retail shareholders."
About Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE:HTA), a publicly traded real estate investment trust, is a fully-integrated, leading owner of medical office buildings. HTA listed its shares of Class A common stock on the New York Stock Exchange on
June 6, 2012
. HTA is a full-service real estate company focused on acquiring, owning and operating high-quality medical office buildings that are predominantly located on or aligned with campuses of nationally or regionally recognized healthcare systems in the U.S. Since its formation in 2006, HTA has built a portfolio of properties that totals approximately
based on purchase price and is comprised of approximately 12.8 million square feet of gross leasable area located in 27 states. It operates its properties through regional offices in
For more information on Healthcare Trust of America, Inc., please visit
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT; and
- The risk factors set forth in HTA's 2012 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.