CCRKBA Lauds Gov. Perry's Repeal Of Onerous Knife Restrictions
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is applauding Texas Gov. Rick Perry for signing a repeal of the Lone Star State's ban on so-called "switchblade" knives, thanks largely to efforts by Knife Rights, a group CCRKBA has supported from its inception.
"While other knife restrictions in Texas remain in effect," noted CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, "this looks like a good first step toward more rational laws regulating knives, which must be protected under the Second Amendment, same as firearms. The right to keep and bear arms is not limited simply to guns."
The legislation was passed 141-1 by the House of Representatives, and 31-0 by the State Senate last month. Now that Gov. Perry has signed the measure, it takes effect on Sept. 1.
Passage of the Texas legislation brought the number of pro-knife bills passed by state legislatures this year to five. Knife Rights indicated that it will be back in two years in an effort to pass knife law preemption in Texas."Our hats are off to Knife Rights and in particular the people they recognize as having been instrumental in getting this accomplished," Gottlieb said. "Kudos go to Rep. Harold Dutton and Sen. Juan 'Chuy' Hinojosa, and Knife Rights volunteer W. Scott Lewis." With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms ( www.ccrkba.org) is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. SOURCE Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV