Engadget’s second Insert Coin: New Challengers competition, aimed at helping to make inventors’ dreams a reality, is now accepting submissions. The inventor contest brings together Engadget editors, readers and a panel of expert judges to help choose consumer tech’s next great gadget.
Prizes include cash to fund the winning project, an Engadget review and the chance to debut the product on stage in front of audience members, influencers and press at Expand NY. Submissions will be accepted here beginning June 17 through September 27, 2013.
Additional key dates include:
- 20 contenders announced—October 4
- Open online voting—October 4 through October 10
- 10 semi-finalists announced—October 14
- 10 semifinalists will receive tickets to Expand NY and a $1,000 travel stipend to cover associated event costs
- One Judges’ Choice winner will receive $10,000 and a product review on Engadget
- One Readers’ Choice winner will receive $15,000 and a product review on Engadget
- Existing products / updates to existing products will not be accepted.
- Product should not be announced, though those with limited coverage will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Product must not have an existing Kickstarter, Indiegogo or other crowdfunding effort already underway.
- Companies must be ready to launch crowdfunding campaigns around the event.
- Products must fall within Engadget's coverage scope.
- Products must have a hardware component and not be purely software or web services in origin.
- Inventors will need a working prototype or other presentation for a team of Engadget editors ahead of the event.
- Simulations or product renderings will not suffice to enter Insert Coin; what you have to show to us must be functional.
- No products from major manufacturers will be accepted.
- Rules are subject to change and qualified submissions are not guaranteed for inclusion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV