LONG BEACH, Calif., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nordstrom, Inc. today announced plans to close its Long Beach City Place Nordstrom Rack store in Long Beach, Calif. Originally opened in August 2002, the 33,000-square foot store will close to the public in late January 2014.
The company will continue to serve customers at three nearby Nordstrom Rack locations in Lakewood, South Bay and Edinger.
"The City Place Rack has been a part of the Nordstrom family for nearly 12 years and we value the hard work and efforts of our team there," said Geevy Thomas, president of Nordstrom Rack. "We still hope to do business in Long Beach in the future but with our lease set to expire and having opened three nearby locations in recent years, this is the right time to not renew our lease, close our store at that location and look to the future. Our hope is that eventually we can find another great location where we can better serve our customers."
Nordstrom Rack anticipates that with the number of nearby stores, those Long Beach Rack employees who want to continue on with the company and are eligible to do so will likely have a position available for them. For those eligible employees who won't take on roles at the other locations but stay with the City Place Nordstrom Rack until closing, a severance package will be available."We thank our valued Long Beach customers for their 12 years of loyalty," said Thomas. "We look forward to serving them through our store's January 2014 closure and in our three nearby Nordstrom Racks, and possibly another Long Beach location, into the future." About Nordstrom:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV