SAN DIEGO, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Encore Capital Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECPG) (the "Company") today announced that it has commenced a private offering, subject to market and other conditions, of $110,000,000 aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2020 (the "notes"). The notes will be fully and unconditionally guaranteed on a senior unsecured basis by Midland Credit Management, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company. In connection with the offering, the Company expects to grant the initial purchasers an option to purchase up to an additional $16,500,000 aggregate principal amount of such notes to cover sales in excess thereof. The notes will be convertible, if certain conditions are met, into cash, shares of the Company's common stock or a combination of cash and shares of the Company's common stock, at the Company's election.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from this offering
- to pay the cost of certain capped call transactions (described below) and
- to pay a portion of the purchase price for the purchase of a controlling interest in Cabot Holdings S.A.R.L.
If the initial purchasers exercise their option to purchase additional notes, the Company may enter into additional capped call transactions. The Company intends to use the resulting additional net proceeds of the sale of the additional notes
- to pay the cost of entering into additional capped call transactions and
- for general corporate purposes.
In connection with the pricing of the notes, the Company expects to enter into capped call transactions with one or more of the initial purchasers (or their affiliates) and/or one or more other financial institutions (the "option counterparties"). The capped call transactions are expected generally to reduce the potential dilution and/or offset the cash payments the Company is required to make in excess of the principal amount upon conversion of the notes in the event that the market price of the Company's common stock is greater than the strike price of the capped call transactions, which will initially correspond to the initial conversion price of the notes, with such reduction and/or offset subject to a cap based on the cap price of the capped call transactions. If the initial purchasers exercise their option to purchase additional notes, the Company expects to enter into additional capped call transactions with the option counterparties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV