The video streaming company is teaming up with the powerhouse of kid's content, Dreamworks Animation (DWA). Previously, Netflix had a deal for children's content with Viacom, but the contract ended. The deal with DreamWorks, however, will cut out the middle man, and the company will get exclusive access to over 300 hours of original content.
Netflix has started to build a foundation of its own content, after releasing the political drama House of Cards, and adopting a bonus season of the cult-followed television series, Arrested Development.
The price of the deal was not disclosed, nor was the length of the contract.Shares of Dreamworks closed higher on the day, up 4.08% to $23.74.
Zillow (Z) jumped 5.41% to $55.96 on the back of some strong housing data. The National Association of Home Builders showed that sentiment was much stronger-than-expected, coming in at a reading of 52 for June, versus the expected reading of 45. Zillow continued its television advertising campaign, launching its second commercial. The commercial, titled "Find Your Way Home", will feature a 30 second spot and a 60 second spot, both of which depict a family in process of house-hunting. For extra sentimental effect, the ad reveals at the end that the dad is a soldier overseas. Zillow's new campaign will be aired on major networks such as HGTV, CNN, Lifetime, and USA. Zillow noted that it would channel more spending towards marketing in a recent earnings call. This year, the company tripled its advertising expenses, spending $15 million in this department. --Written by David Webster in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @thedavidwebster
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV