June 17, 2013
, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced it has been selected by IDG's
as a 2013 Best Place to Work in Information Technology (IT) honoree, one of 100 top organizations that provide IT employees with a stimulating work environment as well as great benefits and compensation. This is the ninth consecutive year the company has been named to this list, and once again CME Group is the only financial exchange company to receive the honor. The recognition is part of the publication's 20
annual Best Places to Work in IT survey, which was published in the
issue and online at
The Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT) list is an annual ranking of the top 100 work environments for technology professionals by IDG's
. The list is compiled based on a comprehensive questionnaire regarding company offerings in categories such as benefits, diversity, career development, training and retention. In addition,
conducts extensive surveys of IT workers, and their responses factor heavily in determining the rankings.
"We are honored to be recognized as one of best places to work in technology," said CME Group Chief Operating Officer
. "We continue to make a significant investment in our technology systems and in the employees who work on these systems to advance our business, so this acknowledgement is appreciated. We could not have received this honor for nine years in a row without our talented IT co-workers and their strong commitment to excellence."
"We applaud the organizations on the Best Places to Work in IT list for creating and sustaining dynamic IT work environments," said
, editor in chief of Computerworld. "This year, several new names have joined the stalwarts that make the list year after year. It's clear that the best IT workplaces are constantly raising the bar with great benefits, new learning opportunities, access to cutting-edge technologies and challenging business-critical projects."
Some of the factors that contributed to CME Group's recognition by
include the following:
About CME Group
- About 900 employees, approximately 35 percent of CME Group's workforce, work in IT and are dedicated to advancing the company's technology capabilities across all areas of the business.
- Electronic trading on the CME Globex electronic trading platform represents 87 percent of CME Group's total volume to date in 2013, compared to only 15 percent in 2000.
- In 2012, we launched the next generation of CME Globex, reducing order entry and market data latency variability along with increasing capacity and cost efficiency.
- A number of leading global exchanges formed strategic partnerships and use CME Globex. In 2012, non U.S. electronic trading revenues are estimated at $487M, with volume outside the U.S. rising to 27 percent of total volume on CME Globex.
- We deliver the leading clearing platform for OTC derivatives.
- We lead the industry in developing portfolio margining, an innovative service that provides margin efficiencies between listed and OTC derivatives.
- We leverage technology to provide real-time clearing capabilities that serve as the cornerstone of effective risk management practices across all industry participants and asset classes.
- With the launch of CME Repository Service, we enable participants to report interest rate, credit default, FX and commodities swaps to meet compliance requirements under Dodd-Frank legislation.
- We create industry leading collateral programs that drive capital efficiencies across all asset classes.
- We are expanding our global technology operations, including the build-out of a technology center in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- We launched the second phase of the PUMA Trading System through our partnership with BM&FBOVESPA in Brazil.
- We continue to enhance CME Direct, a new technology offering side-by-side trading of exchange-listed and over-the-counter (OTC) markets.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (
) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on
. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its
electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in
and Chicago. CME Group also operates
, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the
Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the
City of Chicago
, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. KCBOT, KCBT and
Board of Trade are trademarks of The Board of Trade of
Kansas City, Missouri
, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at
is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results.
award-winning website (
), publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and custom research forms the hub of the world's largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT solutions providers to engage this audience.
leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.8 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture,
) and was recognized as the Best Website by ASBPE and TABPI in 2012.
is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at