CHICAGO, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced it has been selected by IDG's Computerworld as a 2013 Best Place to Work in Information Technology (IT) honoree, one of 100 top organizations that provide IT employees with a stimulating work environment as well as great benefits and compensation. This is the ninth consecutive year the company has been named to this list, and once again CME Group is the only financial exchange company to receive the honor. The recognition is part of the publication's 20 th annual Best Places to Work in IT survey, which was published in the June 17 issue and online at www.computerworld.com.
The Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT) list is an annual ranking of the top 100 work environments for technology professionals by IDG's Computerworld. The list is compiled based on a comprehensive questionnaire regarding company offerings in categories such as benefits, diversity, career development, training and retention. In addition, Computerworld conducts extensive surveys of IT workers, and their responses factor heavily in determining the rankings.
"We are honored to be recognized as one of best places to work in technology," said CME Group Chief Operating Officer Bryan Durkin. "We continue to make a significant investment in our technology systems and in the employees who work on these systems to advance our business, so this acknowledgement is appreciated. We could not have received this honor for nine years in a row without our talented IT co-workers and their strong commitment to excellence."
"We applaud the organizations on the Best Places to Work in IT list for creating and sustaining dynamic IT work environments," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "This year, several new names have joined the stalwarts that make the list year after year. It's clear that the best IT workplaces are constantly raising the bar with great benefits, new learning opportunities, access to cutting-edge technologies and challenging business-critical projects."Some of the factors that contributed to CME Group's recognition by Computerworld include the following:
- About 900 employees, approximately 35 percent of CME Group's workforce, work in IT and are dedicated to advancing the company's technology capabilities across all areas of the business.
- Electronic trading on the CME Globex electronic trading platform represents 87 percent of CME Group's total volume to date in 2013, compared to only 15 percent in 2000.
- In 2012, we launched the next generation of CME Globex, reducing order entry and market data latency variability along with increasing capacity and cost efficiency.
- A number of leading global exchanges formed strategic partnerships and use CME Globex. In 2012, non U.S. electronic trading revenues are estimated at $487M, with volume outside the U.S. rising to 27 percent of total volume on CME Globex.
- We deliver the leading clearing platform for OTC derivatives.
- We lead the industry in developing portfolio margining, an innovative service that provides margin efficiencies between listed and OTC derivatives.
- We leverage technology to provide real-time clearing capabilities that serve as the cornerstone of effective risk management practices across all industry participants and asset classes.
- With the launch of CME Repository Service, we enable participants to report interest rate, credit default, FX and commodities swaps to meet compliance requirements under Dodd-Frank legislation.
- We create industry leading collateral programs that drive capital efficiencies across all asset classes.
- We are expanding our global technology operations, including the build-out of a technology center in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- We launched the second phase of the PUMA Trading System through our partnership with BM&FBOVESPA in Brazil.
- We continue to enhance CME Direct, a new technology offering side-by-side trading of exchange-listed and over-the-counter (OTC) markets.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts