CARLSBAD, Calif., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Altium Limited, a global leader in Smart System Design Automation and provider of solutions for 3D PCB design ( Altium Designer) and embedded software development ( TASKING), has launched Altium Designer 13.3, the second major update to its flagship product this quarter, alongside updates to the AltiumLive ecosystem.
"We remain committed to a predictable flow of updates with incremental enhancements and improvements to our core toolset," notes Altium's director of product release management, Clare Jolly. "Above all else, designers need a reliable design system and an online ecosystem that deeply supports it. These releases are directly aimed at providing that."
Benefits of Altium Designer 13.3 include:
- Design teams can continue to leverage their legacy design IP when moving to a unified and productivity focused design system. Altium Designer 13.3 includes major improvements to schematic import tools for P-CAD, PADS Logic.
- With support in ActiveBOM for selecting currency, and better supplier ranking automation, designers are further empowered to explore BOM cost options as a natural part of design processes.
- Improved interaction between customers and technical support engineers, aiming to reduce resolution time for all queries from a streamlined, easier to use Support Center in AltiumLive.
- Easier access to ready to use design content in Altium's Design Content Vaults. Altium's Hobart and Shanghai content vaults have been consolidated into a single, US-based vault powered by Amazon's EC2 platform; improving latency, ease of search and access.
- Faster design capture using Altium's ever expanding range of component libraries. Vault accessibility improvements have been coupled with a large content release, over 5,000 additional components are available for devices from Microchip and Texas Instruments, bringing the total to over 120,000 high quality managed components in the Altium Content Vault.
AvailabilityAltiumLive, SupportCenter and the Altium Content Vault are available to Altium subscription customers. The Altium Designer 13.3 update is available to Altium subscription customers through Altium Designer 13 directly using the Plug-ins and Updates tool; alternatively, the Installer can be downloaded from the Downloads page in AltiumLive.About AltiumAltium Limited (ASX:ALU) creates electronics design software. Altium's unified electronics design environment links all aspects of electronics product design in a single application that is priced as affordable as possible. This enables electronics designers to innovate, harness the latest devices and technologies, manage their projects across broad design 'ecosystems', and create connected, intelligent designs. Founded in 1985, Altium has headquarters in Shanghai, and operates worldwide. For more information, visit www.altium.com. You can also follow and engage with Altium via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Media Contact: Whitney TrueMcClenahan Bruer firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Altium
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts