DAYTON, Ohio, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- College-bound students from across the United States and Canada have earned scholarships from Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the leading analytic data solutions company. The awards will help support the students' full-time university study of a science, technology, engineering or mathematics discipline and are given in recognition of students' academic achievements and significant contributions to their communities.
Students earning US 2013 National Merit Scholarship (NMS) were selected from among National Merit Scholarship program finalists. Teradata NMS and international scholars were chosen by an independent selection committee that considered academic achievements and records, school or extracurricular activities, community and volunteer service, as well as the response to an essay question.
"These students have worked hard to achieve success in academics, in sports and in the arts, and they have shared their talents through their volunteer work in their communities. They are strong candidates to succeed in college and to go on to become corporate and community leaders in the future. We congratulate them on their achievements and wish them continued success, in college and as adults," said Sherri Morgan, Teradata community relations director.This year's Teradata international scholar is:
- Saranya Kulendran, Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Kulendranhas earned the school's Principal's award and is a member of the senior girls basketball team and senior jazz band. She is a certified lifeguard and volunteers at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. At age 6 she began studying Bharathanatyam, or classical Indian dance, and is an exponent of classical violin. She plans to major in life sciences at University of Toronto, and is the daughter of Teradata help desk manager Sivaguru Kulendran.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV