SAN JOSE, Calif.
June 17, 2013
Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
, a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing announces the industry's widest range of server solutions supporting Intel's new Xeon Phi coprocessors this week in
at the 2013 International Supercomputing Conference (ISC). Supermicro's HPC solutions unify the latest Intel® Xeon® processors with Intel's Many Integrated Core (MIC) architecture based Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors to dramatically accelerate development and performance of engineering, scientific and research applications. Supermicro solutions are available in 0.7U SuperBlade®, 1U, 2U, 3U SuperServer® and high-density 7U 20x MIC SuperBlade® or 4U 12x MIC FatTwin designed to support the highest performance 300W Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors. FatTwin clusters have been successfully deployed in the field supporting thousands of nodes at recent HPC projects. With new Supermicro solutions based on Intel Xeon Phi 3100, 5100 and 7100 coprocessor series, the HPC community will have access to more options for massive parallel processing power with double-precision performance.
"Supermicro's presence in the HPC community is strong and growing with the introduction of our new Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor based server solutions," said
, President and CEO of Supermicro. "With the addition of new Intel Xeon Phi 3100, 5100 and 7100 series coprocessors, we offer five times the amount of solutions providing our customers maximum flexibility to create HPC solutions optimized for their exact application needs."
"Supermicro has a proven record to adopt new technologies that accelerate the deployment of systems assisting in key engineering and research applications," said
, Vice President and General Manager of Intel's Technical Computing Group. "With our five new
Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor product offerings, Supermicro continues to demonstrate a capability to deliver innovative, time to market solutions to the high performance computing community."
Supermicro has the following HPC platforms validated for Intel Xeon Phi 3100, 5100 and 7100 coprocessors (
- 0.7U SuperBlade® SBI-7127RG-E – 2x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 256GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory, 4x FDR (56Gb) InfiniBand or 10GbE supported via optional mezzanine card, 1x SSD support, up to 120x MIC + 120 CPU per 42U SuperRack®
- 4U 4x hot-plug Node FatTwin™ SYS-F627G3-FT+/ FTPT+/ F73+/ F73PT+ – 12x MIC cards (3x per node), dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors per node, up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory in 16x DIMM slots per node, up to 2x hot-swap 3.5" SATA (-FT+/-FTPT+) or SAS2 (-F73+/-F73PT+) HDDs per node
- 4U 4x hot-plug Node FatTwin™ SYS-F627G2-FT+/ FTPT+/ F73+/ F73PT+ – 12x MIC cards (3x per node), dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors per node, up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory in 16x DIMM slots per node, up to 6x hot-swap 2.5" SATA (-FT+/-FTPT+) or SAS2 (-F73+/-F73PT+) HDDs per node
- 3U SYS-6037R-72RFT+ – 2x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 728GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory in 24x DIMM slots, 8x hot-swap 3.5" HDD bays, 2x 5.25" peripheral drive bays
- 2U SYS-2027GR-TRF/ TRFT/ TSF – 4x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 256GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory, 10x hot-swap 2.5" SATA HDD bays (4x SATA2, 6x SATA3)
- 2U SYS-2027GR-TRFH/ TRFHT – 6x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 256GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory, 10x hot-swap 2.5" SATA HDD bays (4x SATA2, 6x SATA3)
- 1U SYS-1027GR-TRFT/ TRF/ TSF – 3x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 256GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory, 4x hot-swap 2.5" SATA HDD bays
- 1U SYS-1027GR-TRFT+/ TRF+ – 2x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory in 16x DIMM slots, 4x hot-swap 2.5" SATA HDD bays
- 1U SYS-1017GR-TF – 2x MIC cards, single Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processor, up to 256GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory, 6x hot-swap 2.5" SATA HDD bays
- 1U SYS-5017GR-TF – 2x MIC cards, single Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processor, up to 256GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory, 3x hot-swap 3.5" SATA HDD bays
- 4U/Tower SYS-7047GR-TPRF – 4x MIC cards, dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC memory in 16x DIMM slots, 8x hot-swap 3.5" SATA HDD bays, 3x 5.25" peripheral drive bays, 1x 3.5" fixed drive bay
Supermicro's ISC exhibits:
- 4U Power Saving FatTwin™ ( SYS-F617R3-FT) – 8x hot-swap nodes, front I/O, featuring 16% lower power consumption with a superior shared cooling and power resource architecture and redundant Platinum Level high efficiency (94%+) power supplies for an advanced thermal optimized solution
- 2U Twin 2 ( SYS-6027TR-HTRF) – 4x hot-plug nodes, each node supporting 2x Intel Xeon E5-2600 processors, up to 256GB 1600MHz ECC memory, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) low-profile expansion slot, dual GbE ports, 3x hot-swap 3.5" SATA3/SATA2 HDD bays
- 3U 12-node MicroCloud ( SYS-5038ML-H12TRF) featuring 12x independent hot-swappable nodes, each supporting Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 V3 13W-80W CPUs, 32GB memory, 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" HDDs and MicroLP expansion
- 4U high-density Double-Sided Storage® ( SSG-6047R-E1R72L) 72x 3.5" external hot-swap HDDs with 2x internal (optional 2x external) 2.5" fixed HDDs
High-Performance Server Boards
- Dual Processor (DP) motherboards feature Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 family support and a variety of design optimizations including support for CPUs up to 150W TDP, up to 768GB 1600MHz ECC memory, expansion oriented WIO form factors and the world's only 11x PCI-E slot solution.
- Uniprocessor (UP) motherboards offer features covering a wide range of HPC applications from high-performance 6Gb/s storage, overclocking capability, legacy PCI support, remote management functionality and special WIO form factors for flexible expansion options.
Visit Supermicro at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) in
through the 20
at the Congress Center Leipzig (CCL), Booth #320 or browse Supermicro's total line of high performance, high-efficiency server and storage solutions at
Follow Supermicro on
to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green
" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, FatTwin, SuperServer, SuperBlade, Double-Sided Storage, SuperRack, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.